Blood Orange Margarita
Yield 2 cocktails
Why do I love blood orange margaritas? Blood oranges are gorgeous. I love their red, orange and pink color. Blood oranges are tarter than regular orange juice, so they work to keep the margarita not too sweet, but still refreshing. Make these vibrant cocktails between December and May when blood oranges are in season.
- 2 T Trader Joe's Chile Lime seasoning
- 1 T brown sugar
- 6 ounces blood fresh orange juice
- 2 ounces fresh lime juice
- 4 ounces silver tequila
- 2 ounces St Germain liquor
- Sprig of fresh mint or thyme for garnish (optional)
- 2 slices blood orange for garnish (optional)
- On a small plate combine Trader Joe's Chile Lime seasoning and brown sugar. Moisten two glass rims with lime juice and dredge the edges of the glasses in the seasoning mixture. Fill both glasses with ice.
- Fill a cocktail shaker with ice. Add blood orange juice, lime juice, tequila and St. Germain. Cover and shake vigorously until the outside of the shaker is coated with condensation. Strain into the two rimmed glasses and garnish with a blood orange wheel and a sprig of fresh mint or lime.
Cuisine New American
Recipe by Something New For Dinner at https://somethingnewfordinner.com/recipe/blood-orange-margarita/