Peach, chicken & prosciutto kabobs
Yield 10 kabobs
Prosciutto is my secret ingredient for making moist and tasty kabobs. The combination of chicken, peaches and prosciutto makes for particularly succulent and flavorful kabobs.
- 2 T za'atar spice
- 1 t Spanish smoked paprika
- 1 t ground cumin
- 1 t kosher salt
- 1/2 t ground pepper
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 2 pounds skinless, boneless chicken breast or thighs, chopped into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 red onion, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- 1/3 pound prosciutto, thinly sliced
- 3 medium peaches, cut into 1 1/2" pieces
- Fresh thyme for garnish
- If using wooden skewers, soak the skewers for 30 minutes to an hour.
- Combine the first 6 ingredients in a plastic bag, or if you prefer, a medium-sized glass bowl. Add the chicken to the marinade and let rest for 1 hour to overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. Thread the chicken, onions and peaches on the skewers weaving strips of prosciutto between each piece.
- Sear the kabobs over medium high heat on the grill or in a grill pan on the stove top, turning every couple minutes to sear all four sides of the kabobs.
- Put the seared kabobs in the hot oven and cook for 8 minutes, until chicken is cooked all the way through. Plate and garnish with thyme.
Cuisine New American
Recipe by Something New For Dinner at https://somethingnewfordinner.com/recipe/peach-prosciutto-chicken-kabobs/