St. Germain Lavender Gin and Tonic
Yield 1 cocktail
A Spanish-style fusion Gin and Tonic that pairs Scottish Hendrick's gin with French St. Germain Elderflower liqueur, lavender and orange bitters.
- 2 large ice spheres
- 2 ounces gin, I prefer Hendrick's for this cocktail
- 3/4 ounce St. Germain
- 6 juniper berries
- 1 3" strip of lemon or orange zest
- 6- 8 ounces good quality tonic water such as FeverTree
- Orange bitters to taste
- Lavender bitters to taste
- A sprig of lavender or thyme to garnish
- Put two large ice spheres in an oversized glass. Gently pour in the gin and St. Germain. Add the juniper berries.
- Using a paring knife, cut off a strip of orange or lemon zest over the glass. Rub the rim of the glass with the zest and put it into the glass. Slowly pour in the tonic water. Finish with a few drops of both orange and lavender bitters. Garnish with a sprig of lavender or thyme.
You can use either lemon or orange zest for this cocktail, but I think orange zest goes particularly well with lavender and St. Germain.Go easy on lavender. Start with a couple drops. Too much lavender and your drink will taste soapy.
Cuisine Spanish, New American
Recipe by Something New For Dinner at https://somethingnewfordinner.com/recipe/st-germain-lavender-gin-and-tonic/