Thai-style grilled flank steak
Yield 6 -8 servings
This Thai-style flank steak is simple, but wonderfully flavorful. Plan on 10 minutes to prepare, 3 or more hours to marinate, and 10 minutes to grill. You won't be disappointed!
- 3 pounds flank steak
- Zest from 1 lime
- 1/3 cup lime juice
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2" finger of ginger, peeled and minced
- 1 Thai chili or jalapeno pepper, sliced (optional)
- 2 T brown sugar
- 1 t red pepper flakes
- 2 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup canola or sunflower oil
- Tenderize steak by pounding it on both sides with a meat tenderizer. The steak will flatten out as you pound it.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together and put steak and marinade in a plastic bag or in a glass or stainless steel bowl. Marinate for at least 3 hours.
- Heat grill to medium high and grill 4-5 minutes on each side. Remove from grill and let rest 10 minutes before slicing. Slice thinly, across the grain and downwards at a diagonal angle.
Recipe by Something New For Dinner at https://somethingnewfordinner.com/recipe/thai-style-grilled-flank-steak/