Watermelon, tomato and strawberry salad with burrata
Yield 6 -8 servings
Sweet watermelon, vine-ripened tomatoes and juicy strawberries, on top of melt-in-your-mouth burrata, sprinkled with fresh herbs and pine nuts. This salad is delicious.
- 1 burrata cheese
- 2 pounds watermelon, cut into 1 1/2 " cubes
- 1 3/4 pounds heirloom tomatoes, cut into 1 1/2" cubes
- 1 pint strawberries, trimmed and halved
- 2 T basil, chiffonade
- 2 T mint, chiffonade
- 3 T pinenuts
- 2 T white balsamic vinegar
- 2 T olive oil
- Maldon salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Using your hands open a burrata cheese and spread it over a serving platter. Scatter watermelon, tomatoes and strawberries over the burrata. Sprinkle with herbs and pinenuts.
- Put vinegar in a small bowl and whisk in olive oil to create an emulsion. Drizzle the dressing over the fruit and season with salt and pepper.
Recipe by Something New For Dinner at https://somethingnewfordinner.com/recipe/watermelon-tomato-and-strawberry-salad-with-burrata/