Most popular drink in Mexico
Did you know the most popular cocktail in Mexico is not the margarita? Recently my friend Marybell introduced me to the Paloma. It was love at first sip. I love a good margarita, but often find I don't feel so great the next day. This is particularly true, if the margarita is made with sweet and sour. The Paloma is a refreshing answer to the downside of a margarita.
Get our free cookbook: 15 Recipes That Will Make You Look Like A Star
The Pavlova is a tequila-based drink with a salted rim, that is made with either fresh grapefruit juice or grapefruit flavored soda (Fresca or Squirt). I skip the soda and use fresh squeezed grapefruit and a splash of mineral water and a couple drops of agave.
- Grilled chopped salad with chipotle vinaigrette
- Mom's chili
- Chorizo and clams
- Fish tacos with cilantro chili marinade
- Killer chicken tacos
- Kosher salt
- Juice of ½ lime
- 4 ounces fresh grapefruit juice
- 1½ jiggers silver tequila
- Splash of mineral water or club soda
- A few drops of agave to taste
- Wedge of grapefruit or lime for garnish
- Fill a small plate with kosher salt. Wipe the rim of a glass with a wedge of lime. Dip the moistened rim into the salt. Fill the glass with ice. Add grapefruit, tequila, soda and agave. Garnish with a wedge of citrus.
THIS SERVES WELL WITH