Easy chicken tacos with minted tomatillo salsa
Easy weeknight dinner
These tacos are an easy solution to a weeknight dinner. They are perfect if you have leftover chicken, but you can also buy a grocery store chicken and shred it for the tacos. You can make the 2-ingredient Minted tomatillo salsa in advance or throw it together in about 20 minutes. Then it is just a matter of slicing the ingredients, heating the tortillas and letting everyone assemble their own.
Minted tomatillo sauce
The minted tomatillo sauce takes a total of 20 minutes to make, and most of that is roasting time. This sauce is a variation on a recipe found in The New Greenmarket Cookbook, by Gabrielle Langholtz. The key is to use plenty of fresh mint for this bright and refreshing salsa.
Get our free cookbook: 15 Recipes That Will Make You Look Like A Star
This can be a gluten-free meal if you use gluten-free tortillas.
- 2-ingredient minted tomatillo sauce (See recipe link above)
- 8 tortillas (I like La Tortilla Hand Made Style corn tortillas)
- 2 cups shredded chicken
- 8 radishes, sliced
- 1 cup of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 4 ounces feta cheese or queso fresco, crumbled (optional)
- Heat tortillas on a griddle. Layout prepared ingredients and let everyone assemble their tacos.
THIS SERVES WELL WITH