Orange Moscow mule
An orange variation of the Moscow Mule
This easy variation on the Moscow mule makes for a refreshing drink and another opportunity to enjoy your Moscow Mule mugs. You can use orange juice or tangerine juice; they both work well. Use fresh-squeezed juice for the best flavor.
The importance of ginger beer
Ginger beers vary considerably. Look for a hand-crafted ginger beer made with lots of fresh ginger. We like Fever Tree and Maine Root ginger beer.
Other Moscow mule variations:
- Moscow mule Maui-style - a splash of Pimm's No. 1 adds delicious herbal notes.
- Garden mule - muddled blueberries, cucumber and mint create a garden of flavor.
How to clean your Moscow mule mugs
If you have invested in beautiful Moscow mule mugs, and they are beginning to lose their shine, see my post on how to quickly polish your copper mugs. The good news is you probably have what you need to polish them in your kitchen right now.
- A cup of ice
- 2 ounces vodka
- 2 ounces fresh squeezed tangerine or orange juice
- 1 ounce fresh squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup of ginger beer
- 1 piece of candied ginger for garnish
- 1 slice of tangerine or orange for garnish
- 1 slice of mint for garnish
- Fill moscow mule mug with ice. Add vodka, juice and ginger beer. Stir gently and garnish with candied ginger, citrus slice and sprig of mint.
THIS SERVES WELL WITH