Cilantro Basmati Rice
How to make great rice
A great way to up your game when it comes to making white rice is to start by sautéing some garlic and onions in a little olive oil. Then add the rice, stir it into the garlic and onions and cook for a minute before adding your liquid.
You can use plain water or chicken stock for extra flavor.
Finish with chopped herbs and maybe some toasted nuts.
Food processor or Mini-prep
A food processor or Mini-Prep will make quick work of chopping the garlic, onions and cilantro.
Get our free cookbook: 15 Recipes That Will Make You Look Like A Star
Cilantro basmati rice
This herbed rice goes well with a variety of cuisines including: Indian food, Thai food and Mexican food.
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1½ cups Basmati rice, rinsed and drained
- 3¾ cups water or chicken stock
- Large handful of cilantro, finely chopped
- Heat a saucepan on a medium high flame. Add the olive oil and when it is hot, add the garlic and onions and saute for about 5 minutes.
- Add rice and stir to thoroughly coat with oil, garlic and onion mixture.
- Add liquid and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat to low and cook for 20 minutes. Remove from the heat and let rest for 5 minutes. Fluff with a fork and stir in the chopped cilantro.
THIS SERVES WELL WITH